Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-04-02 09:23:10 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 29 March 2018 at 23:24, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> >> I agree with the former, of course - docs are a must. I disagree with
> >> the latter, though - there have been about no proposals how to do it
> >> without the locking. If there are, I'd like to hear about it.
> >
> > I don't care. Either another solution needs to be found, or the locking
> > needs to be automatically performed when necessary.
>
> That seems unreasonable.

> It's certainly a nice future goal to have it all happen automatically,
> but we don't know what the plugin will do.

No, fighting too complicated APIs is not unreasonable. And we've found
an alternative.

> How can we ever make an unknown task happen automatically? We can't.

The task isn't unknown, so this just seems like a non sequitur.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Garick Hamlin
Сообщение: Re: disable SSL compression?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS