Re: Error when compiling postgresql 9.6.7 with Visual Studio 15.5.6

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Error when compiling postgresql 9.6.7 with Visual Studio 15.5.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 04:17:18PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, as far as I'm concerned the patch that was proposed there is
> far too fragile to be acceptable.  We need to find out what the
> Microsoft-approved way of getting the information is.  Assuming that
> we know the contents of non-exported data structures is surely not
> what they have in mind, and it would undoubtedly break in the next VS
> update.

Definitely agreed.  The locale-related code is *the* pain point when it
comes to MSVC things.  And each time we add support for a new version of
MSVC there is always something different happening and breaking.  There
has never been any discussion around ResolveLocaleName() though.  A
downside is that this would increase the minimal version support bar on
Windows.  Still that would be worth a serious look.
--
Michael

Вложения