Re: incomplete startup packet

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: incomplete startup packet
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* David G. Johnston (david.g.johnston@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:16 AM, rammohan ganapavarapu <
> rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am seeing lot of these* "incomplete startup packet" *messages in
> > postgresql.log in 9.6 version, what does it mean? some thing wrong with
> > server?
>
> ​It means that some piece of software is trying, incorrectly, to connect to
> PostgreSQL​.  The server is probably just fine but you should probably hunt
> down the other side of the connections and see what is wrong there - or
> block them if the other end isn't something you want trying to connect to
> your database.

These might be entirely reasonable checks to see if the service is up
and running from monitoring systems.  That's certainly not unheard of
and it'd actually be nice if we had a way to avoid having these errors
get thrown in that case.  Even better would be making the monitoring
systems smarter, but that's not always easily done.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения