Re: [HACKERS] proposal - Default namespaces for XPath expressions(PostgreSQL 11)

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal - Default namespaces for XPath expressions(PostgreSQL 11)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello. I reviewed this and think that this is in Ready for
Committer stage.

The patch is available here.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFj8pRBVUVvG1CXxgrs0UipTziUX6M788z-%3DL9gQvwAB4UGLeg%40mail.gmail.com

The following list consists of the same items in upthread message
as confirmation.

- This applies to the current master HEAD cleanly.

- The code looks fine.

- This patch translates the given XPath expression by prefixing
  unprefixed tag names with a special namespace prefix only in
  the case where default namespace is defined, so the existing
  behavior is not affected.

- The syntax of default namespace is existing but just not usable
  so I don't think no arguemnts needed here.

- It undocumentedly inhibits the usage of the namespace prefix
  "pgdefnamespace.pgsqlxml.internal" but I believe no one can
  notice that.

- The default-ns translator (xpath_parser.c) seems working
  perfectly with some harmless exceptions.  (Behavior about
  context variables and user-defined xml functions, which are not
  handled by PostgreSQL.)

- Dodumentation looks enough.

- Regression test doesn't cover the XPath syntax but I think it's
  not viable.  I am fine with the basic test cases added by the
  current patch.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi