Re: Sync replication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Sync replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings Michael,

* Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 08:21:43PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > That's correct, which is why it's encouraged to have multiple replicas
> > configured when using synchronous replication.  In v10, it's possible to
> > specify how many synchronous replicas are required to have acknowledged
> > a given transaction before a COMMIT is returned to the applicaiton.
> > Please review the documentation here:
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html#SYNCHRONOUS-REPLICATION
>
> Be careful about the performance impact if there is network latency
> between a primary and its standbys. One small correction to what Stephen
> says here. It is possible to define multiple synchronous standbys in
> v9.6. v10 has added the possibility to define quorum groups. Note that
> the grammar as been kept backward-compatible across versions.

Ah, yeah, I was thinking of quorum groups when writing that but you're
right that 9.6 added support for multiple synchronous standbys.  Older
versions also supported having multiple synchronous standbys configured
but were hard-wired to accept the commit with just one of them
acknowledging it (in a priorty order based on the order of them as
defined in synchronous_standby_names).

Thanks for the clarification!

Stephen

Вложения