Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 installation issue with RedHat 6.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 installation issue with RedHat 6.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
irrusappan <irrusappan.p@tcs.com> writes:
> I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 9.2.4 (32 bit) source in Redhat6.4
> platform.
> I have no issue in ./configure, however it failed in making source using
> gmake.Is there any compatibility issue b/w Postgresql 9.2.4 and Redhat 6.4
> or can you please gimme any suggestion to resolve the issue.

The most reasonable guess from this bit:

> heaptuple.c:195: error: duplicate case value
> heaptuple.c:195: error: previously used here

is that sizeof(Datum) == sizeof(int32), as expected in a 32-bit build,
but yet tupmacs.h saw SIZEOF_DATUM == 8 and so we're trying to compile
the 64-bit version of store_att_byval().  All those warnings look like
there's something wrong about the Datum-size configuration, too.

What that suggests is that you're wrong about having "no issue in
./configure".  Maybe you previously configured for a 64-bit build
and forgot to reconfigure for 32-bit?  Or, if you're trying to do
a 32-bit build on a machine that's natively 64-bit, you did not
give the right compiler flags to configure so that it made its
decisions based on testing 64-bit behavior.

Redo the configure and make sure it reports 32-bit-appropriate values
for sizeof(long) and related tests.  *Don't* insert flags like -m32
post-configure: that has to be in the CFLAGS that configure sees.