Re: Status of the patch "Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics"

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Status of the patch "Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On 2017-11-24 00:15:44 +0530, Debraj Manna wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone let me know if the patches discussed in the below blog
>
> http://akorotkov.github.io/blog/2016/05/09/scalability-towards-millions-tps/
>
> especially the below one has made it to postgres 10 or not? I am not able
> to figure out the status of the patch?

It has been applied not just to postgres 10, but also postgres 9.6. See
this note in the release notes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-6.html
Replace shared-buffer header spinlocks with atomic operations to improve scalability (Alexander Korotkov, Andres
Freund)

Greetings,

Andres Freund