Re: Nightmare? was unsubscribe

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Nightmare? was unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> That would change the body of the mail.  Mail that is DKIM signed (or
> worse conforms to DMARC) cannot be so changed, or it will fail
> validation and will be bounced.  The bouncing system is then doing the
> correct thing, and yet it will create "excessive bounces" to the list,
> which will cause the _validating_ user to become a problem on the
> list.  Users don't control their mail server validation policies, so
> lists have to conform.  Tom Lane explained this upthread somewhere.

This was already happening and it already had had a very ugly
consequence: we had to ban Yahoo addresses from subscribing to the list,
because since the emails sent by the list from Yahoo subscribers were
"invalid" per DMARC, the postgresql.org servers were being flagged as
spammers, causing all sorts of trouble.  I think we'll be able to accept
Yahoo subscribers to the lists after the migration ... assuming they
still exist, of course.