Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Atkins wrote:

> Removing Subject tagging and footers of the messages isn't an accidental
> side effect of the migration, it's (I assume) a primary goal of it.
> If that weren't done, more and more people at large consumer mailbox
> providers would increasingly have problems sending mail successfully
> to the lists.

Actually, the old software had a lot of warts and we wanted to be out of
it.  Not least the fact that it's been dead for over a decade now.
(For one, the web interface to unsubscribe was terrible.)

The pain is related to pglister only because it was decided to change
both things at once.  We could have removed the subject prefixes and the
footers before changing the software, but what would have been the
point?  The software itself is not causing any troubles; it's the config
changes that are.