Re: [ADMIN] Postgres 10 installation failing on Ubuntu 14

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres 10 installation failing on Ubuntu 14
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Re: Debraj Manna 2017-11-11 <CAF6DVKOckdxHsDFKUab3u=HcBCocrANoyfyeD946eR1JFs0bgQ@mail.gmail.com>
> invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/postgresql not found.
> dpkg: error processing package postgresql-10 (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 100
> Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.13) ...
>  postgresql-10
>

> Can someone let me know what is going wrong or how can I install postgres
> 10 on Ubuntu 14?

Hi,

you seem you have several modified postgresql-common configuration
files on disk from a previous installation attempt:

>   libpq-dev libpq5 postgresql-client-common postgresql-common
>
> Setting up postgresql-common (188.pgdg14.04+1) ...
>
> Configuration file '/etc/logrotate.d/postgresql-common'
>  ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
>  ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
>    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>     Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
>     N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
>       D     : show the differences between the versions
>       Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
>  The default action is to keep your current version.
> *** postgresql-common (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
> Replacing config file /etc/postgresql-common/createcluster.conf with new version

My guess would be that you have also a "modified"
/etc/init.d/postgresql file in the sense that it got removed. Debian
will respect that, and not reinstall that config file.

To get out of the situation, do

apt-get -o DPkg::Options::=--force-confmiss install --reinstall postgresql-common

Christoph