[GENERAL]

От K. Brannen
Тема [GENERAL]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rhhh Lin <ruanlinehan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> *Also, as a sidenote - can someone please expand on why one (I was not involved in the creation of this DB/schema
definition)would choose to have the definition of the timestamp column as a bigint in this case?

Because the time value you need to hold exceeds 32 bits. :)

Based on your example, you're storing epoch in milliseconds, which exceeds 2^32, so you have to use bigint. Check out
thesize of the int and bigint data types in the docs.

HTH,
Kevin