Re: [GENERAL] [HACKERS] SSL and Encryption

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [HACKERS] SSL and Encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 10:22 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 11/2/2017 10:12 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

What is 'python native'?  psycopg works as long you update your libpq.

I thought pythonistas preferred using a native driver that didn't use libpq ?

I'm not a pythonista more of a python-when-I-must, but psycopg is the dominant driver I've seen used and discussed.  I had to use a different driver (zxJDBC, for jython) and basically all advice I found was for psycopg and not applicable to zxJDBC, which most people apparently had never even heard of.

Anyway, I would think psycopg would be classed as a native binding, as it uses libpq which is 'native' to PostgreSQL.

If someone has greater knowledge here, it would be nice to update the wiki pages with new info.

Talk of what is native or not in pythons now has me thinking of the Everglades.

Cheers,

Jeff