Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables

От Nico Williams
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 09:21:24AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Comments, notes?

I like it.

I would further like to move all of postgresql.conf into the database,
as much as possible, as well as pg_ident.conf and pg_hba.conf.

Variables like current_user have a sort of nesting context
functionality: calling a SECURITY DEFINER function "pushes" a new value
onto current_user, then when the function returns the new value of
current_user is "popped" and the previous value restored.

It might be nice to be able to generalize this.

Questions that then arise:
- can one see up the stack?- are there permissions issues with seeing up the stack?

I recently posted proposing a feature such that SECURITY DEFINER
functions could observe the _caller_'s current_user.

Nico