Re: [ADMIN] Migrate from Oracle 12g to PostgreSQL 9.3

От
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Migrate from Oracle 12g to PostgreSQL 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At the Mississippi State Supreme Court, we just recently finished up our migration from Informix to PostgreSQL.

I was writing a pub on how to convert to Postgres primarily aimed at the Informix to Postgres move,
but it was generic enough to be used on other databases.

My conversion also used several Python programs to manage parsing the SCHEMA dumps and creating the
necessary setup sql for tables, primary keys, secondary keyes, foreign keyes as well as Functions.

However, informix's triggers WERE a big pain, and I basically had to review each and do them by hand.
BUT I did document the differences in the pub I was doing.

All's I need is somewhere submit this publication for reference by others (I've released it under the creative commons).

Any suggestions?

It might help in what you are doing.

Ben Duncan - Business Network Solutions, Inc. 336 Elton Road Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
- Hanlon's Razor