Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updated tuple  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Wood, Dan wrote:
> Yes, I’ve been testing 9.6.  I’ll try Alvaro’s patch today.
>
> I would prefer to focus on either latest 9X or 11dev.

I tested my patch on 9.4 and 9.5 today and it seems to close the problem
(with the patch, I waited 10x as many iterations as it took for the
problem to occur ~10 times without the patch), but I can reproduce a
problem in 9.6 with my patch installed.  There must be something new in
9.6 that is causing the problem to reappear.

> Does Alvaro’s patch presume any of the other patch to set COMMITTED in
> the freeze code?

I don't know what you mean.  Here is the 9.6 version of my patch.  Note
that HEAP_XMIN_FROZEN (which uses the XMIN_COMMITTED bit as I recall)
was introduced in 9.4.