Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Don,

On these mailing lists, we really prefer it if people wouldn't
"top-post", instead add your comments in-line and eliminate text that
isn't relevant.

* Don Seiler (don@seiler.us) wrote:
> In the meantime I'll look at using the --link method and rsync. Probably
> should be using --link method on a larger database anyway to save time and
> disk space?

Yes, it's much more efficient, but I strongly recommend taking a backup
as close to before the upgrade as possible, being extremely careful
throughout the process, plan for a good bit of time above what the
actual commands take to run, and make sure that you have *tested* your
backup and *restore* process well and have strong confidence in it.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Upgrade master/slave: rsync?