Re: [HACKERS] initdb failure on Debian sid/mips64el inEventTriggerEndCompleteQuery

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: [HACKERS] initdb failure on Debian sid/mips64el inEventTriggerEndCompleteQuery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2017-08-13 <14517.1502638417@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> I suspect you could work around this with
>
>     bool        isCompleteQuery = (context <= PROCESS_UTILITY_QUERY);
> -    bool        needCleanup;
> +    volatile bool    needCleanup;
>     bool        commandCollected = false;
>
> If that fixes it, it's definitely a compiler bug.  That function does
> not change needCleanup after the sigsetjmp call, so per POSIX it
> should not have to label the variable volatile.  This is far from
> being the first such bug we've seen though.

In the meantime, gcc-7 is at version 7.2.0-1, so I gave 9.6 on
mips64el a new try. It's still failing at initdb time, and indeed
adding "volatile" makes initdb proceed, but then the rest of the
testsuite fails in various ways:

DETAIL:  Failed process was running: CREATE TABLE enumtest_child (parent rainbow REFERENCES enumtest_parent);
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: create table trigtest2 (i int references trigtest(i) on delete cascade);
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: CREATE TABLE trunc_b (a int REFERENCES truncate_a);
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: CREATE SCHEMA evttrig               CREATE TABLE one (col_a SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
col_btext DEFAULT 'forty two')               CREATE INDEX one_idx ON one (col_b)               CREATE TABLE two (col_c
INTEGERCHECK (col_c > 0) REFERENCES one DEFAULT 42);

Hopefully the compiler gets fixed soonish on mips64el...

Thanks for the analysis,
Christoph