Re: [ADMIN] Postgres user authentication with secure LDAP

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres user authentication with secure LDAP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Jeffrey Shaw (shawjef3@gmail.com) wrote:
> What OS is your server running, and what OS is your client running?

Good question.

> I found that it was only possible to get clients from a Windows machine to
> authenticate via ldap against a server that was also running Windows.
> Hopefully someone else has more experience here than me.

That shouldn't be the case, so I'm curious as to what was going on
there..

That said, I'd strongly recommend using GSSAPI/Kerberos if the
environment is a Windows Active Directory one, as it's much more secure
and works quite well.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres user authentication with secure LDAP
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres user authentication with secure LDAP