Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo,

* Tatsuo Ishii (ishii@sraoss.co.jp) wrote:
> > I recall vaguely Ishii-san mentioning me at PGcon that pgpool was
> > actually cheating, but my memories are a bit fuzzy for this part.
>
> What I meant by "cheating" was, Pgpool-II behaves as if PostgreSQL
> server in md5 auth.
>
> For more details what Pgpool-II actually does in md5 auth, please see:
>
> https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ#How_does_pgpool-II_handle_md5_authentication.3F

I see.  In short, that's not going to be able to work with SCRAM.

We also certainly can't weaken or break SCRAM to address Pgpool's needs.
I'm afraid an alternative approach will need to be considered for Pgpool
to be able to do what it does today, as I outlined in my other email.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II