Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> For more details what Pgpool-II actually does in md5 auth, please see:
>>
>> https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ#How_does_pgpool-II_handle_md5_authentication.3F
>
> I see.  In short, that's not going to be able to work with SCRAM.

That's my understanding with SCRAM too.

> We also certainly can't weaken or break SCRAM to address Pgpool's needs.

Right, that's not what I want too.

> I'm afraid an alternative approach will need to be considered for Pgpool
> to be able to do what it does today, as I outlined in my other email.

Thank your for your comment. Probably now is the time to give up
to support SCRAM in Pgpool-II.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM auth and Pgpool-II
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] hash index on unlogged tables doesn't behave as expected