Re: [HACKERS] Fix a typo in snapmgr.c

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Fix a typo in snapmgr.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-06-23 19:21:57 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 23 June 2017 at 08:23, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> Simon, FWIW, I plan to either revert or fix this up soon-ish.  Unless
> >> you're going to actually respond on this thread?
> >
> > Sorry, I've only just seen Tom's reply. Will fix.
>
> I don't see a bug. Perhaps I'm tired and can't see it yet.
>
> Will fix if you thwack me with the explanation.

Wasn't my complaint, but here we go:

Previous code:
/* * Ignore the SubXID array if it has overflowed, unless the snapshot was * taken during recovey - in that case,
top-levelXIDs are in subxip as * well, and we mustn't lose them. */if (serialized_snapshot.suboverflowed &&
!snapshot->takenDuringRecovery)   serialized_snapshot.subxcnt = 0;

/* Copy struct to possibly-unaligned buffer */memcpy(start_address,       &serialized_snapshot,
sizeof(SerializedSnapshotData));

i.e. if suboverflowed, start_address would contain subxcnt = 0.

New code:

/* Copy struct to possibly-unaligned buffer */memcpy(start_address,       &serialized_snapshot,
sizeof(SerializedSnapshotData));
/* Copy XID array */if (snapshot->xcnt > 0)    memcpy((TransactionId *) (start_address +
sizeof(SerializedSnapshotData)),          snapshot->xip, snapshot->xcnt * sizeof(TransactionId));

/* * Copy SubXID array. Don't bother to copy it if it had overflowed, * though, because it's not used anywhere in that
case.Except if it's a * snapshot taken during recovery; all the top-level XIDs are in subxip as * well in that case, so
wemustn't lose them. */if (serialized_snapshot.suboverflowed && !snapshot->takenDuringRecovery)
serialized_snapshot.subxcnt= 0;

Here the copy is done before subxcnt = 0.

- Andres