Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:04:26 +0900 (JST), Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in
<20170623.100426.157023025943107410.t-ishii@sraoss.co.jp>
> > Hm. I am wondering about licensing issues here to keep those files in
> > the tree. I am no lawyer.
>
> Of course. Regarding euc-jis-2004-std.txt and sjis-0213-2004-std.txt,
> it seems safe to keep them.
>
> > ## Date: 13 May 2006
> > ## License:
> > ##     Copyright (C) 2001 earthian@tama.or.jp, All Rights Reserved.
> > ##     Copyright (C) 2001 I'O, All Rights Reserved.
> > ##     Copyright (C) 2006 Project X0213, All Rights Reserved.
> > ##     You can use, modify, distribute this table freely.
>
> >> - It allows to track the changes in the original file if we decide to
> >>   change the map files.
> >
> > You have done that in the past for a couple of codepoints, didn't you?
>
> I believe the reason why I didn't keep other txt files were they were
> prohibited to have copies according to their license.

For clarity, I personally perfer to keep all the source text file
in the repository, especially so that we can detect changes of
them. But since we decide that at least most of them not to be
there (from a reason of license), I just don't see a reason to
keep only the rest even without the restriction.

> >> - The site http://x0213.org/ may disappear in the future. If that
> >>   happens, we will lose track data how we create the map files.
> >
> > There are other problems then as there are 3 sites in use to fetch the data:
> > - GB2312.TXT comes from greenstone.org.
> > - Some from icu-project.org.
> > - The rest is from unicode.org.
>
> Maybe, but I don't know how to deal with them.

Except for detecting changes, as mentioned upthread, in case of
necessity of authority files (why?) after losing the autority, we
can regenerate a linear mapping from a .map file. But I believe
that further change (that we should follow) will hardly come.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center