Re: [HACKERS] Re-indent HEAD tomorrow?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re-indent HEAD tomorrow?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-06-21 17:28:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Right now we're really just speculating about how much pain there will
> be, on either end of this.  So it'd be interesting for somebody who's
> carrying large out-of-tree patches (EDB? Citus?) to try the new
> pgindent version on a back branch and see how much of their patches no
> longer apply afterwards.

Citus isn't a patched version of postgres anymore, butan extension (with
some ugly hacks to make that possible ...).  Therefore it shouldn't
affect us in any meaningful way.

> And I think it'd make sense to wait a few
> months and garner some experience with back-patching from v10 into the
> older branches, so we have more than guesses about how much pain not
> reindenting will be for us.

Hm.  A few days / a week or two, okay.  But a few months?  That'll incur
the backpatch cost during all that time...

Greetings,

Andres Freund