Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancelling backend  (Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Satyanarayana Narlapuram wrote:
> +1.
>
> This really helps PostgreSQL Azure service as well. When we are doing
> the upgrades to the service, instead of abruptly terminating the
> sessions we can provide this message.

I think you mean "in addition to" rather than "instead of".

Unless you have a lot of users running psql manually, I don't see how
this is actually very useful or actionable.  What would the user do with
the information?  Hopefully your users already trust that you'd keep the
downtime to the minimum possible.