Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Use SnapshotAny in get_actual_variable_range

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Use SnapshotAny in get_actual_variable_range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-04-27 17:22:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Yep, and I've seen that turn into a serious problem in production.
>
> How so?  Shouldn't the indexscan go back and mark such tuples dead in
> the index, such that they'd be visited this way only once?  If that's
> not happening, maybe we should try to fix it.

One way that never happens is if you end up choosing bitmap index scans
all the time...  I've previously had to force a certain percentage of
queries with it disabled to keep indexes in a good state :(

- Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Use SnapshotAny in get_actual_variable_range
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Use SnapshotAny in get_actual_variable_range