Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От John Iliffe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 08 April 2017 00:10:14 Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 07:45 PM, Joe Conway wrote:

> >> Well what I know about SELinux would fit in the navel of a flea(tip
> >> of the hat to David Niven), so I can not be of much help there. The
> >> reason I am returned this thread to the list, there are folks that
> >> do understand it.
> >
> > If SELinux is running in permissive I don't see how it could be at
> > fault for your issue. Did you verify that (getenforce)?

> > This might be a silly question, but is PHP running on the same server
> > as Postgres?
>
> To add to this, previously you mentioned:
>
> "Also, using the on board firewall (firewalld) to provide a secondary
> domain where the actual business processes run. "
>
> What exactly does that mean?
I'm trying/planning to use firewalld to keep certain remote addresses from
connecting to the mail server.  Since I have it anyway, I want to
strengthen the security by moving non-Internet connections internal of that
firewall so only Apache is exposed to the Internet and the databases, etc,
are internal.

This is a Unix domain socket connection so I don't think the firewall should
get involved.

Since you raised the question, I added port 5432 to the open list in
firewalld but it didn't make any difference, still not connecting.

От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
От: John Iliffe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql