Re: browser interface to forums please?

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: browser interface to forums please?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 12:01:24 +0200
vinny <vinny@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Every time I tell someone about the mailinglists I then have to explain
> how they can subscribe, how to create folders, filters etc. And more
> often than not
> they just say forget it and go to some forum.

On forums, all you see is the header for the discussion, and the number of messages attached to it.

It makes it much more difficult to follow discussions, because you don't know if there are new messages or not, unless
youmemorized how many were there the last time you looked at it. And even then, you can't tell whether you even read
thempreviously or not, which a mailing list will tell you, because the messages are marked.

> Can you expect Joe
> Average to do something like that
> if they want to get more involved in PgSQL?

How hard is it to subscribe, create a folder and a filter? If that is too involved, I don't see how they can get
involvedin postgres anyway.

--
                    Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://marica.fr
Logiciel de gestion des contentieux juridiques, des contrats et des sinistres d'assurance