Re: [HACKERS] Press Release Draft - 2016-02-09 Cumulative Update

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Press Release Draft - 2016-02-09 Cumulative Update
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Press Release Draft - 2016-02-09 Cumulative Update  (Tobias Bussmann <t.bussmann@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=update_releases/current/20170209updaterelease.md;h=0cccb8986c08527f65f13d704a78c36bb8de7fef;hb=afc01091dea8a1597e8e21430edc3908c581ce0c
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=update_releases/current/20170209updaterelease.md;h=0cccb8986c08527f65f13d704a78c36bb8de7fef;hb=afc01091dea8a1597e8e21430edc3908c581ce0c>

> As there are a lot of updates I did my best to consolidate some of the bullet points and as usual, people are
directedto the release notes.  Please let me know if there are any inaccuracies so I can fix them ASAP.

Please do post the proposed text on list for ease of review.  I wasn't
looking at the text, so I wouldn't have noticed this if Emre hadn'treplied:
 76 If you believe you have been affected by the aforementioned CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY bug, you will have to rebuild
theindex.  An example of rebuilding an index: 77  78     BEGIN; 79     DROP INDEX bad_index_name; 80     CREATE INDEX
CONCURRENTLYbad_index_name ON table_name (column_name); /* replace names with your original index definition */ 81
COMMIT;

This is not a good recipe, because using CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY in
the same transaction that grabs an exclusive lock on the table for the
DROP INDEX is pointless -- the access exclusive lock is held until the
end of the transaction, and CIC does not work inside a transaction
anyway so it'd raise an ERROR and rollback the DROP INDEX.  So the user
would probably drop the BEGIN/COMMIT sequence in order for this to work
in the first place.  (The other option is to use CREATE INDEX not
concurrent, but that would lock the table for a very long time).

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Cache Hash Index meta page.
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Idea on how to simplify comparing two sets