Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: test_pg_dump TAP test whitespace cleanup

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: test_pg_dump TAP test whitespace cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>
> > > This will be undone by the next perltidy run.
> >
> > Ugh.
> >
> > I certainly hope what was there before wasn't the result of a perltidy
> > run as it was quite ugly and inconsistent..
>
> Maybe it was.  I checked the diff after running perltidy after your
> commit and there are some changes that look like a reversion of your
> changes, but I don't know if there are other changes.

Uh, after finding our perltidyrc and running with that, I have to ask,
why are we setting vertical-tightness to 2 (never break before a closing
token)?  The default of 0 (always break) end up being a lot nicer when
working on lists.  Stacking isolated opening/closing tokens does make
sense, to me, at least.  Then again, I guess those might screw up other
bits of code. :/

Sigh.

Thanks!

Stephen