Re: [HACKERS] Removing link-time cross-module refs in contrib

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Removing link-time cross-module refs in contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 12:29:18PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Pursuant to Andres' suggestion in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20161002223927.57xns3arkdg4hu6x@alap3.anarazel.de
> attached is a draft patch that gets rid of link-time references
> from hstore_plpython to both hstore and plpython.  I've verified
> that this allows "LOAD 'hstore_plpython'" to succeed in a fresh
> session without having loaded the prerequisite modules first.

I like how that turned out.  However, ...

> *** a/contrib/hstore_plpython/Makefile
> --- b/contrib/hstore_plpython/Makefile

> --- 23,40 ----
>   include $(top_srcdir)/contrib/contrib-global.mk
>   endif
>
> ! # We must link libpython explicitly
>   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), aix)
>   rpathdir = $(pkglibdir):$(python_libdir)

... adding $(pkglibdir) to rpath is obsolete, now that this ceased to link to
hstore explicitly.

> ! SHLIB_LINK += $(python_libspec) $(python_additional_libs)
> ! else
>   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), win32)
> ! # ... see silliness in plpython Makefile ...
> ! SHLIB_LINK += $(sort $(wildcard ../../src/pl/plpython/libpython*.a))
> ! else
> ! rpathdir = $(python_libdir)
> ! SHLIB_LINK += $(python_libspec)

For consistency with longstanding src/pl/plpython practice, $(python_libspec)
should always have an accompanying $(python_additional_libs).  This matters on
few configurations.

I propose to clean up both points as attached.  Tested on AIX, which ceases to
be a special case.