Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 19:06:22 +0100
Gilles Darold <gilles.darold@dalibo.com> wrote:

> Le 17/01/2017 à 03:22, Michael Paquier a écrit :
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Karl O. Pinc <kop@meme.com>
> > wrote:

> I'm not against adding a warning or error message here even if it may
> never occurs, but we need a new error code as it seems to me that no
> actual error code can be used.

Seems to me the XX001 "data_corrupted" sub-category of
XX000 "internal_error" is appropriate.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/errcodes-appendix.html

As a dbadmin/sysadm I'd defiantly like to see something in the log if
you're going to raise anything user-side.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."                -- Robert A. Heinlein