Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables (fwd)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan  5, 2017 at 11:45:24AM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> <Argh, wrong sender again, sorry [again] for the repost.
>  I must tweak my mail client configuration...>

> >I'm surprised, I never knew this.
>
> I must admit that it was also a (good) surprise for me.
>
> The documentation says it:
>
> """
> If SET (or equivalently SET SESSION) is issued within a transaction that is
> later aborted, the effects of the SET command disappear when the transaction
> is rolled back. Once the surrounding transaction is committed, the effects
> will persist until the end of the session, unless overridden by another SET.
> """
>
> But I have not found anything clear about user-defined parameters.

Uh, I think it is a missing feature, i.e.:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#AdministrationHave custom variables be transaction-safe
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4B577E9F.8000505@dunslane.net

http://enterprisedb.com

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Adding type info etc for inheritance errmsg: "childtable is missing column ..."