Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Ploski <jpljpl@gmx.de> writes:
> It seems correct to me, so the question about Unicode's slowness remains.
> I guess that I will have a look at the driver's internals. Do you believe
> that the backend should not be much slower [than LATIN1] when delivering
> query results in the UNICODE encoding?

If no translation is happening then I can't see a reason for any
difference at all, given what you were doing.

I can imagine speed differences for operations that actually interpret
the character data --- for example, sorting on a text column --- but
AFAICT you weren't doing anything like that.

It'd be worth checking first to see whether the extra time is really
being spent in the backend, client, or both.

Сообщение: Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance
Сообщение: Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance