Re: Mail thread references in commits

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Mail thread references in commits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I think this is a straw man.  We've already decided to use message-IDs
> as the basic identity of messages for this purpose; other proposals
> were considered before and rejected as too inconvenient.

I tend to agree with Tom on this, for better or worse, message-ID is
what we're using.

Further, we seem agreed that URLs are what we want to have in the
commits rather than just the message-ID.

The question on the table at the moment seems to be if we want to use
https://postgr.es/m/ or https://postgresql.org/message-id/ as the
prefix.  Personally, I don't really care and would prefer we just decide
something and move on to more interesting technical discussion.  I don't
really agree with the complaints levied against https://postgr.es/m/,
but I'm also not particularly bothered by one long line in each commit
message.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Mail thread references in commits
Сообщение: Re: Mail thread references in commits