Re: [GENERAL] Replication between différent versions of the same OS.

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Replication between différent versions of the same OS.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:11:06 +0100
Benoit Lobréau <benoit.lobreau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use the built in replication to replicate between two
> PostgreSQL in the same version but in different version of the same OS (Say
> Pg 9.1 Ubuntu 12 to Pg 9.1 Ubuntu 14)
>
> I think I read in Hackers that since PostgreSQL uses the OS libraries for
> encoding. It could cause silent corruption because the encoding might be
> different between versions of the OS. But I cant find the email again so I
> can't find the exact context ... maybe I dreamed it ..

No, you did not. See:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/BA6132ED-1F6B-4A0B-AC22-81278F5AB81E%40tripadvisor.com#BA6132ED-1F6B-4A0B-AC22-81278F5AB81E@tripadvisor.com

> We would like to replicate to the other server then upgrade to a newer
> version. (the import is too long)

Use logical replication. You could use Slony for example.

Regards,

От: Benoit Lobréau
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Replication between différent versions of the same OS.