Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
jungle Boogie wrote:
> Hi Alvaro,
> On 21 September 2016 at 12:22, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > So "current" is 6.0?  We don't have a lot of OpenBSD machines in the
> > buildfarm; would you be able to contribute one?  The one we have
> > (curculio) runs 5.9 and has been running fine with the committed code.
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Buildfarm
>
> 6.0 is a release version and will only receive patches for the base OS.

I see.

> -current/snapshot is what I'm running and it's the development version
> of openbsd. In a few months, current will be marked and released as
> 6.1. Basically I'm following the development branch of OpenBSD:
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html

I think it'd be valuable to have a system running something that tracks
"current"; we already have a few "rolling" Linux distros and this seems
similar in spirit.  It might even provide more feedback for those crazy
patches ...

> > Can you try HEAD with the following patch applied and let me know if it
> > works?
>
> I wrote to the maintainer of postgresql on openbsd and asked if he
> could take a look at this email and see if he can reproduce the
> problem.

Good.

> Meanwhile, I came across this.
> It looks like 8 days ago select.h was modified, but I have no idea if
> this is causing the postgresql failure.
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/sys/select.h

Sounds very likely to me.

> I will checkout buildfarm and see what it takes to run it!

Great.  It's just a cron Perl script that builds Postgres and runs the
tests (plus a commitment that you'll give a look in case things fail for
odd reasons.  We try not to bother you if your animal finds portability
issues in Postgres.)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd