Re: An extra error for client disconnection on Windows

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: An extra error for client disconnection on Windows
Дата
Re: An extra error for client disconnection on Windows  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > If we take a policy to try to imitate the behavior of some
> > reference platform (specifically Linux) on other platforms, this
> > is required disguising. Another potential policy on this problem
> > is "following the platform's behavior". From this viewpoint, this
> > message should be shown to users because Windows says
> > so. Especially for socket operations, the simultion layer is
> > intending the former for non-error behaviors, but I'm not sure
> > about the behaviors on errors.
>
> The more you hack windows, the more you'll notice that it is full of
> caveats, behavior exceptions, and that it runs in its way as nothing
> else in this world... This patch looks like a tempest in a teapot at
> the end. Why is it actually a problem to show this message? Just
> useless noise? If that's the only reason let's drop the patch and move
> on.

Yeah, I looked into this a few days ago and that was my conclusion also:
let's drop this.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: cost_sort() may need to be updated