Re: Parallel build with MSVC

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Parallel build with MSVC
Дата
Re: Parallel build with MSVC  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 08:15:05AM +0000, Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com]
>
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > > * From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com]

> > > Good point, but I have no installation of 2008 around, so I cannot test
> > > it. Perhaps there is someone around who could do that (just add the
> > > $msbflags as the first argument to vcbuild)?
> >
> > I forgot that I have actually one! Bumping my Win7 VM CPU from 1 to 2,
> > and using VS2008 command prompt with vcbuild /m I am not seeing
> > issues. Moving symbols.out would be the main issue, but I am not
> > noticing problems related to that.
>
> OK then, hopefully last round attached.

Every vcbuild and msbuild invocation ought to recognize this variable, so
please update the two places involving ecpg_regression.proj.  Apart from that,
the patch looks good.

I was tempted to back-patch this.  The risk to back branch users seems
negligible, and it would be convenient for me as a person who builds all
branches.  That reason is not good enough, so I plan not to back-patch.  I
feel like I might be missing a stronger reason to back-patch.

Сообщение: Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more
Сообщение: Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more