Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But what I'm wondering is why PostgreSQL doesn't support SJIS.  Was there any technical difficulty?  Is there
anythingyou are worried about if adding SJIS?

Yes, there's a technical difficulty with backend code. In many places
it is assumed that any string is "ASCII compatible", which means no
ASCII character is used as a part of multi byte string. Here is such a
random example from src/backend/util/adt/varlena.c:
/* Else, it's the traditional escaped style */for (bc = 0, tp = inputText; *tp != '\0'; bc++){    if (tp[0] != '\\')
   tp++;

Sometimes SJIS uses '\' as the second byte of it.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding
От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding