Re: What causes streaming replication delay?

От Dianne Skoll
Тема Re: What causes streaming replication delay?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:04:23 -0400
Keith <keith@keithf4.com> wrote:

> All depends on how you're monitoring your slave lag. Check this blog
> post and if you're seeing actual byte lag, then you could have cause
> for concern.

It's not because the master is idle... there is tons of write traffic.

And the way I measure the lag is about as directly as you can: I
periodically insert a timestamp into a specific table on the master,
and then poll the hot-standby until the inserted timestamp has
appeared.

Regards,

Dianne.