Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> > I have among others, a 5TB system  w/about 40G of unlogged data.
>
> Honestly, sending an extra 40G out of 5TB (we're talking less than 1%
> here...) might be worth it to keep the process simple.

Of course, I realize right after sending this that you aren't sending
the 5TB. :)

Depends on your network speed if the 40G would be an issue or not then.
In some cases, it might only add a bit of time but keep the process
simple, other cases, it might take longer.  I'm not really thrilled with
the idea of complicating the rsync in that way, but I can understand why
you're considering it.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?
Сообщение: Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?