Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 06:48:08PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 03:57:02PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> > > I'm not following. How is that different in the toast case than in the
> > > heap case?
> >
> > A short answer is that a normal table's heap doesn't go through
> > systable_getnext_ordered().  That function is used both for cases
> > where the check should not be made, like toast_delete_datum(), and
> > cases where it should, like toast_fetch_datum().
> >
> > Since this keeps coming up, I'll produce a patch this way.  I'm
> > skeptical, but maybe it will look better than I think it will.  I
> > should be able to post that by Friday.
>
> This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is past due for your status update.  Kindly send
> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> update.  Refer to the policy on open item ownership:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED.  This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is long past due
for your status update.  Please reacquaint yourself with the policy on open
item ownership[1] and then reply immediately.  If I do not hear from you by
ownership without further notice.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com