Re: dumping database privileges broken in 9.6

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: dumping database privileges broken in 9.6
Дата
Re: dumping database privileges broken in 9.6  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 12:55:33AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> > > This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is past due for your status update.  Kindly send
> > > a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> > > update.  Refer to the policy on open item ownership:
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com
> >
> > Unfortunately, not going to make any further progress on this tonight or
> > over the weekend as I'm going to be out of town.  I believe I've
> > convinced myself that adding a template1 entry to pg_init_privs will be
> > both sufficient and produce the correct results, along with adjusting
> > the query in pg_dumpall to join through it.  Will provide an update on
> > Monday.
>
> This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is long past due for your status update.  Kindly
> send a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent
> status update.  (Your Tuesday posting lacked a date.)

Yeah, I realized that tablespaces have the same issue and have updated
the patch to address them as well, in the same way.

Going through and doing testing now.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look
like adding in testing of tablespaces into the TAP tests would be very
easy (the only TAP test that deals with tablespaces that I found was
pg_basebackup and that looks rather grotty..), so I'm not planning to do
that, at least not at this time.

As such, I'm planning to commit the patch with the fix+regression test
for database ACLs and the fix for tablespace ACLs either later today
or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Stephen