Re: Fix a failure of pg_dump with !HAVE_LIBZ

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Fix a failure of pg_dump with !HAVE_LIBZ
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 26 May 2016 11:54:35 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <7601.1464278075@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> > The warning says that it makes uncompressed archive but it really
> > doesn't since workers die unexpectedly from the succeeding
> > errors. This is because that compressLevel is corrected in
> > ReadHead(), where too late for it to be propagated to workers.
> > One reasonable place would be where the default value of
> > compressLevel is set in main().
>
> Yeah, agreed.  I also noticed that you get the WARNING even when you
> did not ask for compression, which seems rather unhelpful and annoying.
> So I suppressed it by making the default be 0 not Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION
> when we don't HAVE_LIBZ.

Yeah, that's what I thought but didn't. Thanks for adding it and
committing this.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Parallel pg_dump's error reporting doesn't work worth squat