Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> writes:
> > On 05/25/2016 02:41 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> I'd rather extend see us ALTER AGGREGATE to do this.
>
> > Wouldn't that prevent this from going into 9.6? I do not think changing
> > ALTER AGGREGATE is 9.6 materials.
>
> Well, it's debatable --- but if the patch to do it is small and the
> alternatives are really ugly, that would be an acceptable choice IMO.
> Certainly we'd want to add that capability eventually anyway.

I tend to agree with Tom on this.  This should really have been included
in the earlier patches, but there's no help for that and if it's a small
patch and the other options are far worse then we need to accept that
solution and move on.

Thanks!

Stephen