incorrect data type in function

От rapg12@gmail.com
Тема incorrect data type in function
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/plpgsql-porting.html

on page :

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-porting.html

under 40.12.1. Porting Examples -> Example 40-8. Porting a Simple Function
from PL/SQL to PL/pgSQL
======================================
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION cs_fmt_browser_version(v_name varchar,
                                                  v_version varchar)
RETURN varchar IS
BEGIN
    IF v_version IS NULL THEN
        RETURN v_name;
    END IF;
    RETURN v_name || '/' || v_version;
END;
/
show errors;

The data types in the function parameter and the returned type were seems
typed incorrectly or missed typo ... in ORACLE there is no varchar, but
there is varchar2

And since I AM away from ORACLE for more than decade, I might be wrong.

Appreciate your efforts in keeping the best as open source.

Thanks,