Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David Steele 2016-05-13 <037bd370-f64c-f6c3-ac05-c2e2bbabe9ba@pgmasters.net>
> On 5/12/16 4:34 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid there was a mistake in today's 9.6 upload. Unfortunately,
> > libpq5 and the other lib* packages built from the postgresql-9.6 beta1
> > source are at the moment shipped in the "main" component of the
> > repository in all supported distributions except sid-pgdg. The correct
> > version for the lib* packages would be 9.5, the most recent stable
> > version.
>
> I'm still getting an error when trying to install 9.6beta1 into a Docker
> container for testing on Ubuntu 12.04:

s/still/now/ - it would have worked with the "bad" packages in place.

To use 9.6, see https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release
:

  We ship packages for alpha and beta releases, but like in the previous
  FAQ entry, we have only one version of libpq5 in the main archive
  component. To use packages of postgresql-9.6, you need to add the 9.6
  component to your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list entry, so the 9.6
  version of libpq5 will be available for installation:

  deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ jessie-pgdg main 9.6

Christoph

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version
Сообщение: Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version