Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version

От David Steele
Тема Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On 5/12/16 4:34 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:

> I'm afraid there was a mistake in today's 9.6 upload. Unfortunately,
> libpq5 and the other lib* packages built from the postgresql-9.6 beta1
> source are at the moment shipped in the "main" component of the
> repository in all supported distributions except sid-pgdg. The correct
> version for the lib* packages would be 9.5, the most recent stable
> version.

I'm still getting an error when trying to install 9.6beta1 into a Docker
container for testing on Ubuntu 12.04:

Step 14 : RUN apt-get install -y postgresql-9.6
---> Running in a7af6ce79e5e
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

postgresql-9.6 : Depends: postgresql-client-9.6

This is a fresh build so I don't think it is being caused by the prior
package issues.

Here's how I'm installing the packages:

RUN echo 'deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ precise-pgdg main
9.6' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
RUN wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc
| apt-key add -
RUN apt-get update

I'm getting the same error on Ubuntu 14.04.  I also tried in a
traditional VM (not Docker) and got the same result.

Thanks!
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net