Re: Autovacuums not triggering anymore

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Autovacuums not triggering anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thomas SIMON wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since two days, autovacuum_analyze & autovacuum_vacuum does not trigger
> anymore on any of my databases (but they are started on db template1).
> Before, I had around at least 30 analyzes and 400 vacuums per hour on these
> DBs.

Are autovacuum workers all busy processing some very large?  Look for
them in pg_stat_activity.  If not, identify what is the autovacuum
launcher process doing; perhaps attach a debugger to it and see if it
ever calls launch_worker() or do_start_worker().  If time longer than
autovacuum_naptime lapses and it doesn't, have a look at the "stats
collector process"; is that one alive and working?  If you attach to it
with a debugger, you should see it operate if you do a simple query in a
session such as "select * from pg_stat_user_tables".  In that query,
also verify the autovacuum and autoanalyze timestamps.

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of pg_database
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of pg_database