Re: what to revert

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: what to revert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-05-03 11:46:23 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > was immediately addressed by another round of benchmarks after you
> > pointed it out.
>
> Which showed a 4% maximum hit before moving the test for whether it
> was "off" inline.

> (I'm not clear from the posted results whether that was before or
> after skipping the spinlock when the feature was off.)

They're from after the spinlock issue was resolved. Before that the
issue was a lot worse (see mail linked two messages upthread).

I'm pretty sure that I said that somewhere else at least once: But to be
absolutely clear, I'm *not* really concerned with the performance with
the feature turned off.  I'm concerned about the performance with it
turned on.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade